Site Safety Plus - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Novice £275
This two-day course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their
legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
The SSSTS course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all construction supervisors.
To ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
• why they are carrying out their identified duties
• what is expected of them
• how they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• understand the problems of the industry
• explain how health and safety law is structured, and how it applies to supervisors
• identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
• carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
• carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
• monitor site activities effectively
• understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Delegates should hold or be about to hold the role of a supervisor. Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
Assessment will be by an exam paper and the completion of a case study exercise and trainer review. The examination demonstrates to external bodies that the certificate is only awarded to successful delegates following both an assessment and examination. Delegates are expected to be interactive during the course and there is also a mandatory toolbox talk to be completed.
Course duration and attendance
This is a two-day course. Delegates are required to complete the full course (15 hours) to be eligible for certification