Canadian Institute Presents:
EQ400: Equine Stretching and Core Strengthening Techniques
Course Cost: $695.00 + GST
Early Bird Course Cost: $595.00 + GST
Early Bird Deadline: August 2, 2018
Instructor: Nicole Rombach aPM, MEEBW, CCBW, MSc, PhD
Join Dr Nicole Rombach, MEEBW, MSc., PhD, in this two-day
course that offers a complete stretching and activation routine with specific exercises that target the forelimb, the hind limb, and the trunk and core.
If you can only baby your horse one way because of limited time, safe stretching techniques and appropriate core strengthening exercises are what you need to learn. Equinology® feels that these exercises should be a part of your horse’s daily care routine. It is important that these techniques are carried out properly to avoid risk of injury, not only to the person applying the technique, but also to the horse. The techniques should be introduced in a progressive sequence, which allow the horse to become gradually accustomed to increased length of stretching time and core activation exercises.
This course is suitable for horse owners, riders, caregivers and trainers, as well as for equine practitioners who would like to enhance their skills.
• The mechanics of stretching: practitioner body mechanics and safe handling of forelimbs and hind limbs
• A full routine of stretching exercises for the forelimb, hind limb, and spinal column
• Core strengthening exercises to creative effective core muscle activation
• Static and dynamic evaluation of the horse:which stretches and core activation exercises are appropriate?
• When to stretch and when to activate?
• Evidence-based clinical reasoning on how to design an appropriate stretching and core strengthening program for rehabilitation and in different disciplines
This course is a great stand-alone course for everyone of all levels. It is also a required course for the Equinology® Equine Body Work Level Two process. You do no need to be a previous Equinology® participant to enroll in this course.